So this is kind of a two fold question but it all falls under the same umbrella of update status reliability and might even be caused by the same factor.
First, this morning I saw that my Logitech Revue remote App had an update, as indicated by the 'Update' label when viewing list of apps. However when I clicked it, the only options were 'Open' and 'Uninstall'
I attempted to clear Market's cache and force close it, but still the same thing. 4 Hours later. it worked normally (i.e., providing the update button).
What causes this and how can I fix it immediately, rather than just checking back every few hours to see if it was fixed.
Second part/example: A couple weeks ago the same issue happened with the system app 'Youtube.' Under my main google app that I use on my phone and all my non-system apps are associated to, I saw the update label, but again same issue as above. When I switched to my other account that I only use for email, I could update Youtube just fine.
There seems to be some sort of synchronization problem. The Youtube example lasted for days (with the daily update notifications) before I thought to switch accounts and try it on my secondary google account. The exact same thing happened with Google Maps.
I have a stock Droid 3 using stock Market.