The device is a Samsung Note 5 recently updated from Sprint running the Swype keyboard.
The error message "Samsung keyboard keeps stopping" is appearing over and over after trying to send an emoji in a text message. The keyboard area is a black space.
I rebooted the device to attempt to clear the error.
After reboot it requires a typed password.
The following issues occur:
- No keyboard appears when touching the password textbox.
- No keyboard appears when touching the keyboard settings menu button.
- The Power button does not power cycle the device.
- The Reset button does work.
- If you open the camera via the quick launch from the lock screen the "Samsung keyboard keeps stopping" message appears for each time you attempt a keyboard UI action.
The device appears bricked. Other advice online suggests factory reset. Is there a way to revert the device to a working keyboard without a factory reset?