I am using a oneplus 5t, and Gboard. I use signal to text.
I have cleared the personal dictionary within gboard, and I have also enabled "do not make offensive suggestions" in the keyboard options. I don't believe signal has an associated settings option.
Still.. for some reason when I type 'sucking', I get 2/3 followup suggestions that are predictably offensive.
I would just rather not see words like this, and I can guarantee I've never used this particular combination of words before, so I don't understand why this is happening.
Either the "offensive predictive text" function is broken, or these words are not considered to be part of that dictionary (I find this hard to believe). Or something else entirely...
It seems that you can dis-associate the word from the phrase by deleting it as a suggestion. As per Get word suggestions & fix mistakes:
Get word suggestions & fix mistakes
- On your Android phone or tablet, install Gboard.
- Open any app that you can type with, like Gmail or Keep.
- Tap where you can enter text.
- Type a word. At the top of the keyboard, youxe2x80x99ll see suggestions:
- If you see the word you want, tap it.
- If you donxe2x80x99t like a suggested word, touch and hold it, and then drag the word to Trash.
I tried it out and I don't get the test word I moved to trash as a suggestion for the one that I dis-associated it from, but I still get it as a suggestion after other words.