I have a content type with a field that has been set to inactive. This happened after I reverted my feature in an attempt to undo a change I made to the content type.
The error message given is the following:
This content type has inactive fields. Inactive fields are not included in lists of available fields until their modules are enabled.
I've disabled and re-enabled the feature module, but the field is still inactive.
How can I activate my field?
I've had this quite a few times, I'm not sure what the initial problem is but I've solved it by doing either one of the following:
Once you activate the module, the module will expose a new tab: "Manage inactive fields", on the content type administration page, usually: admin/content/node-type//fields-inactive.
It will allow you to completely remove, or re-activate the field(s).
Everything related to fields configurations is inside field_config table. All the following columns should be correct for field to appear in entity/content type fields list : active : must be 1
storage_type : sql_field_storage or an alternative
storage_module : sql_field_storage or an alternative
storage_active : must be 1
deleted : must be 0
"I fixed the problem by turning off ALL CCK modules and then turning them back on." http://drupal.org/node/883354
It seems that when I upgrade the core of Drupal, somehow the CCK modules where, automatically, activated before other modules that enable special field types.
This is a really old question but it was the one I kept finding whilst soul searching on Google.
I was observing the same as OP. Most fields wasn't being displayed.
I was also seeing this on lots of pages.
Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in field_attach_load() (line 660 of /var/www/vhosts/hicrowds.com/httpdocs/qa.hicrowds.com/modules/field/field.attach.inc)
All the modules providing the fields were enabled.
When flushing the cache via Drush and the UI, it kept throwing a site error.
So I tried truncating all the cache tables manually. Still had a few errors but less, so I re-saved the modules page. Then finally all the fields appeared again.
So something else to try I guess if you're hitting this.