I bought a new keyboard HyperX Alloy FPS RGB and my media keys don't work. But always one after the other. I connected the keyboard to my freshly installed Windows. On a USB port which sits directly on the motherboard. Everything works fine, even the media keys. I can do louder, quieter and so on. But as soon as I install the software for my keyboard the media keys don't work anymore. When I then stop and close the suite (latest version of HyperX NGenuity) which manages my keyboard, unplug my keyboard and reinsert it. Everything works again! If I start NGenuity again, the media keys are deactivated again as soon as the software is loaded.
What I have tried so far:
- i don't have the Google Music extension in Google Chrome
- human interface is active and set to automatic
- i have the latest software from NGenuity as well as the drivers for my keyboard in the Device Manager
- my Bios has no entry for the function of the FN key (Media keys with or without FN key)
- i have completely reinstalled Windows 10, including deleting my data
- keyboard reset to factory setting by FN + ESC until keyboard flashes
I have the feeling that windows is messing something with the drivers. I'm not so windows affine that I could locate the problem. I hope someone has an idea.